Any matches organised by the Association and/or fished on Association waters will be notified on the website, in the local press, and on club notice boards.
- All Association and inter-club matches will be for points, with twelve
points being awarded for first place down to one point for twelfth place.
Open matches do not count for points.
- The Association Match Calendar will consist of a ‘Summer’ and a ‘Winter’
Shield, the best 10 results deciding each shield, and the best 10 results
from all point’s fixtures deciding the Association Championship. In the
event of a tie resulting then the next best results of the tied competitors
will be taken into account until the tie is resolved.
- The ‘Ouse’ and ‘Ivel’ shields will be fished over three legs and be
decided on a point’s basis. The overall weight from the three legs will
decide any resulting tie.
- All Association matches, except when competitors are otherwise informed,
will be for five hours duration.
- In all Association matches, NFA rules will apply (as amended by these
- The match fixtures and venues will be the sole responsibility of the
- Qualification for Association teams will be decided by the current
season’s points to date, or at the Match Committee’s discretion, where
- No matches may be held on Association waters unless organised by the
Match Secretary and approved by the Board.
- Protests or suggestions relating to matches must be logged in writing
with the Match Secretary and will then be considered by the Match Committee.
- All Club trophies are perpetual.
- Pools are optional but a mandatory £1 levy per adult angler per match is
payable towards the cost of trophies and match expenses.
- All matches may be subject to change at short notice.
- Anyone wishing to fish a match must not fish the match venue the day
before the said match.
- Pike and Zander do not count in matches.